Whether you’re relocating to a new city or just moving down the road, what’s the number of things you’ll need? Moving boxes, lots of moving boxes. But before you settle down on using just any box you can, let’s look at five tips for choosing the right boxes for moving.
Inspect them Properly
Avoid stopping by your local grocer or discount store to expose up their boxes. They’ve come into contact with food and sugary liquids, meaning you risk bug aggression being carried into your new home. That’s not a housewarming gift anyone wants.
Think about Buying New
Seriously consider buying brand new ridged moving boxes. Not only are they unused, but they’re also often more capable of handling your moving needs than the ones you’d find in grocery stores.
Use More than One Size
Supply yourself with boxes of various sizes. You’ve heard the expression before but, size matters, and it matters a lot.
- Large boxes are ideal for comforters, pillows, lamps and other bulky or hard-to-carry items. They won’t stress the box, and they won’t harm your back.
- Medium boxes are great for gadgets and items found in your kitchen, bathroom and various drawers around the house. Fill them with plenty of packing materials to keep things from colliding with each other.
- Small boxes are perfect for books, collectables, action figures and more. They can handle the collective weight of smaller items as long as they’re taped up properly.
Don’t forget wardrobe boxes, too. A strengthened bar lets you hang dresses and suits, so you don’t have to spend time folding and unfolding clothing.
Divide and Internally Conquer
Packing fragile items like glasses, vases or heirlooms? Internal corrugated dividers will keep the whole thing separated, and mailing tubes can be used to house special glasses or cutlery. Use extra void fill like bubble cushioning or packing paper to protect things even more—and put your mind at ease.
Grab the Right Supplies
Make sure you have the right moving supplies on hand. You’ll save time, frustration and your back.
- Labels & Markers make it easier to remember what’s in a box and where it goes in the house. If you don’t have labels, grab a marker and write on the box itself.
- Packing Tape will keep those boxes properly sealed—the last thing you want is the bottom falling out while you’re walking up the stairs!
- Hand Trucks & Carts move your boxes and furniture around quickly and easily. They’re essential for saving your legs and back!
- Bubble Cushioning wraps up glasses and fragile items, so they don’t get scratched or cracked. Stuff extra handfuls of bubble or packaging foam into the empty spaces in boxes to protect everything from each other.
Using the right boxes for moving can be the difference between a bad move and a great one. The Packaging Company is always here to help with the packing materials and supplies you’ll need to make your move go swimmingly. Happy Packing!
Hire Best Packers and Movers in UAE
Get Free Estimation by contacting the following number